WORKSHOP – SPORT & ACTION PHOTOGRAPHY
Presented by Simon Du Plessis
This workshop is aimed at the more serious photographer who already has a good working knowledge of his equipment and photography in general, and wish to improve the specialist skills required for successful sport and general action photography.
The workshop will be presented in two separate modules; a theoretical module and a practical, hands-on module. The syllabus which will be followed include the following:
· Other (bags, storage, etc)
· Shutter speed effects
· Focus (AI vs AF vs Manual)
· Frame rate
· Compositional/framing basics
· Techniques (panning, follow focus, prefocus, action awareness, etc)
Specific Sporting Disciplines
The how and what of:
· Motorsport (all types)
· Field events (Rugby, Soccer, Hockey, Cricket etc)
· Indoor sports (Gymnastics, Basketball, Martial Arts etc)
· Other (per member request etc)
Hands-on at venue – typically a motorsport track or other suitable event.
Completion of both modules is required. Participants must attend at least one of the practical events of their choice, should there be more than one practical event scheduled.
Certificates of attendance will be issued on successful completion of the workshop.